TEACHER TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Do you want your teaching to be more rewarding?
Would you like your students to experience accelerated progress and become far more motivated?
Are you curious about how to energize the learning and teaching process?
If so, you’re in the right place.
Imagine your students being completely engaged at every lesson.
Picture them inspired to practice because they’re playing with more freedom and confidence.
Envision yourself brimming with excitement as you and your students continually make new discoveries that open up their playing.
All of this is possible.
YES, you can help each student learn how to solve technical and musical problems.
YES, you can empower them as performers and human beings.
And YES, your teaching can become a tremendous source of joy and fulfillment in your life.
Training as educators in the Art of Practicing approach has given dozens of dedicated teachers a proven set of skills to expand their impact.
PIANO TEACHER WORKSHOPS
You can learn to teach all the specific details of piano technique along with the entire Art of Practicing approach through a series of Piano Teacher Workshops.
Each workshop is two and a half hours long and includes . . .
- Mock lessons, in which each teacher alternates playing the role of teacher and student
- Actual lessons with other teachers in your group
- Valuable feedback on your teaching
- Detailed discussion of your strengths and weaknesses as an educator so you gain a real sense of your strengths and area needing improvement
- A sheet of written comments from Madeline for you with specific suggestions to put into action as you continue to refine your skills
In these workshops you’ll learn how to teach these key elements of the Art of Practicing with clarity and confidence:
- Adjusting the height of the bench to suit the student’s body
- Moving the hands and arms efficiently and comfortably, for power, fluidity, and sensitivity
- Using listening techniques to expand expressiveness
- Organizing notes in rhythmic groups that create musical momentum and vitality, further freeing up the body
You’ll come away from each workshop with
- Greater understanding of how to teach the details of piano technique and musicianship to unleash your students’ potential
- Student-centered teaching skills to help each lesson become a vibrant, creative experience for your student, strengthening self-awareness and convictions
- Connection to a supportive community of other like-minded piano teachers
- The clarity and confidence to teach more advanced students and to raise your fees.
PIANO TEACHER CERTIFICATION
Becoming a certified Teacher in the Art of Practicing methodology is an in-depth process. Pianists must . . .
First study with Madeline Bruser for at least several months and then participate in a series of Piano Teacher Training programs, which range from mid-level to advanced, while continuing to study with Madeline privately for a few years.
Through this process, practitioners can become fully adept at The Art of Practicing methodology, and are invited to join the faculty of the Art of Practicing Institute.
Online Piano Teacher Workshops
Many of my students live too far away to attend teachers workshops in person.
Online training is extremely effective, and as much fun as meeting in person. It also provides a wonderful community experience for teachers who may feel isolated in their home city.
It’s so rewarding for me to watch these gifted and dedicated teachers grow and become more skilled, confident, and fulfilled in helping their own students grow too.